Saturday, October 31, 2009

Serious

No wonder they say teaching is hard
RULE 1: WHEN LECTURE, JUST LECTURE

Now I know what it means, with the end of my intake here.
Seriously, I think I am grwoing WEE TOO LITTLE attached to this small group
That I am letting my guard down, taking them in as my anak buah.
Now that certain things are happening, I just realized that they are not going to be there all the time. And IT HURTS, really hurts

I'm actually tearing up over it. Thinking about them, how they've been the whole year through... It's like watching oyur own kids grow up.. And now they
re going off.

Tuition was different, somehow it didn't really feel that bad. It was like, once a week?
BUt this one instead had been EVERY SINGLE WEEKDAY. From Jan till now, especially nowadays, since I'm having extra classes with them.
Knowing that next week is their final academic week with me is actually quite hard for me to bear in a way.
Sometimes, I wish i have a year and a half with them like A levels instead of only 10months. But if they do take A'levels, I might not even be taching them!!! So in a way, I'm thankful that they're doing this mode instead.
But they all...
SAM, ASH, JY, JJ, ANNA, Lee.. A small mischievious group of kids. The loudest, most non sensical group I've ever met. Yet, these kids are so dear to my heart, that as I'm writing this, my eyes being to water.
If teaching is painful, being a parent hurts alot then.

Yet, this is where I am slightly apprehensive. Does a lecturer just teach, be a proffesional? Or should he/she put his/her effort into knowing the kids too?
I apparently knew them so well, that we seem to have our own private family monikers here.
This further intensifies my dilemma. I do teac them,I do. but everytime their work/results are bad, my heart falss doubly. One from being a lecturer - Am I teaching them right? other would be concerned about them - WHY aretheir grades that way? Frustration pours into my heart here, that I dono how to handle it sometimes.

can't bear to see them off on the last day. Might cry.

1 comment:

~*JJ*~ said...

sir you teach fine! student stupid not your fault! love you pahpahmon. will come kacau u often, no worries. =)